Our Complaints Handling Procedure
At Stepien Lake we pride ourselves in providing a prompt and responsive service, whilst at the same time maintaining high standards of legal advice to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards and our service to you. If you have a complaint about any aspect of our service then in the first instance please speak to the client partner. If that does not resolve the problem to your satisfaction then please set out the nature of your complaint in writing and send it marked for the attention of:
Richard Hill, Practice Director, Stepien Lake LLP, 43 Welbeck Street, London W1G 8DX
Or email your complaint to: email@example.com. The Complaint Manager for this firm is Ed Bannister, partner.
What will happen next?
Within 5 days
- The Complaints Manager will send you a letter confirming acknowledgment of your complaint and detailing how your complaint will be dealt with. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint.
- We will record your complaint in our central register and open a separate file for your complaint.
- We will immediately start to investigate your complaint – we will provide a copy of your complaint to the person who you have complained and ask them to provide their comments regarding your complaint.
Within 10 days
- We may request that the employee or partner that the complaint relates to provide their full written response to your complaint to The Complaints Manager within 10 days.
- The Complaints Manager will then examine both your complaint and the individuals and, where necessary, review the case file. Having evaluated the situation, the complaints manager may also conduct a meeting with the individual complained of if deemed necessary.
Within 15 days
Having undertaken a full review of your complaint and considered all other material matters, you will receive a full written response to your complaint within 15 days from the date that your complaint was first received. This letter may make suggestions for resolving the matter. Should you wish to do so, you may make an appointment to discuss the nature of the complaint and the reasoning behind the decision with the complaints manager.
If you are unsatisfied with the decision of the Complaints Manager, you can request that his or her decision be reviewed further by a partner of the firm. You should make the third request within 21 days from the date of receiving the written decision. The allocated partner will review your further complaint and provide a written response within 10 days from the date of receiving your written request for review. This letter will confirm our final position regarding your complaint and explain our reasons.
What happens if I still remain unhappy with the decision?
If having followed our complaints procedure, you still remain unsatisfied with the outcome of your complaint you should address your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman. Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 15870, Birmingham, B30 9EB, Tel: 0300 555 0333, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.