Alison has acted for both national and international clients advising on a number of high profile deals; covering all aspects of investment and commercial property law including high value investment acquisitions and disposals on behalf of institutional investors, pension funds, private family trusts and property companies.
Alison also has extensive experience in landlord and tenant matters; including negotiating leases, lease re-gears and re-structuring, as well as providing on-going input and advice for her clients on their asset management of office buildings, shopping centres, business, retail and leisure parks. Added to which Alison has excellent experience advising cinema operators and advising clients in the high-end restaurant sector.
Alison also benefits from extensive property finance experience; advising both lenders and borrowers.
Examples of work include:
- Tower 42 – Alison has acted for The Tower Limited Partnership for 14 years in respect of their iconic asset, Tower 42 on Old Broad Street in the heart of the City. Her work includes the recent lettings of their newly developed retail Avenue running between Old Broad Street and Bishopsgate; (including negotiating the lease of The Broadleaf restaurant and bar). Other notable Tower 42 transactions she has negotiated for the Partnership are Jason Atherton’s City Social restaurant and the lettings to heavy weight occupiers such as US law firms Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman, Bracewell & Gugliani and Shook Hardy & Bacon, as well as to Regus and Hitachi.
- M&G – during her 13 years at Hogan Lovells, Alison acted for PruPIM/M&G on a number of high profile sales, purchases and lettings; including the acquisition of a site in Canary Wharf to develop a key office building pre-let to a major UK bank and the pre-lets of their Manchester Arndale redevelopment.
- Sidra Capital – Alison has recently been instructed by the Middle Eastern property investment fund; Sidra Capital.
- EPIC – Alison recently acted for EPIC (a fully integrated owner, manger, operator and developer of commercial, residential, retail and industrial real estate) in respect of their letting to serviced office provider Orega in Leeds and separately the grant of a new lease of a large office building in Slough to the pharmaceutical giant, Reckitt Benckiser.
- Amsprop – Alison acted for Ampsrop on their letting to the Co-Op of 1 Cheapside and also on their acquisition of the former Burberry building on Haymarket.
- M W Restaurants Alison acted for Martin Williams’ “M” restaurant brand on their first flagship restaurant on Threadneedle Walk in the City and their second restaurant at Land Securities Zig Zag development in Victoria.