What We Do for DevelopersDiscover what
makes us different
Duncan’s practice covers most aspects of contentious real estate including rent reviews, development disputes, landlord and tenant disputes (including rent and service charge recovery, forfeiture and possession claims and contested lease renewals), title, rights of way and rights of light, mass protest evictions and property-related professional negligence and insolvency.
Duncan worked at DLA Piper and CMS Cameron McKenna (now CMS) in the City before joining Temple Bright in 2015. He has been described by the legal guide Chambers UK as “a very personable lawyer with a great professional reputation.”
Relevant experience includes:
• Acting for the owners of an internationally renowned hotel in Mayfair in connection with a £200m+ redevelopment.
• Acting for the operators of an oil refinery in the port of Immingham in connection with a widely reported contested lease renewal.
• Acting for the owner of a residential block in Mayfair in connection with a landmark case for proprietary/equitable estoppel.
• Acting for the owners of a prominent Mayfair hotel in a contested lease renewal where possession was required to facilitate a major redevelopment.
• Acting for a pension fund as the owner of a large city centre development site which was occupied by protesters during Occupy London.
• Acting for a group of residents opposed to the development of Chelsea’s Stamford Bridge Stadium.
• Acting for the owners of a large development site in central London in connection with a rights to light dispute with surrounding residents.
• Acting for a family trust in a case which went to the Court of Appeal in connection with a mistake contained in the wording of a lease.